The ultimate authority in the University is the Rector as indicated in the By-laws of the University. In fulfilling the mission of the University the Rector is assisted by the Senate in academic matters, by the University Executive Council in administrative issues and by the other administrative offices.
University Executive Council
University Executive Council is an administrative body assisting Rector in carrying out the following functions:
1. It assists the Rector in implementing the decisions of the Senate;
2. It considers the proposals of the University’s Units in forming the investment program, budget proposal and makes proposes to the Rector’s Office;
3. It carries out the functions assigned to it by the Rector and By-laws of the University.
Currently as indicated on the organizational chart of the University, the administration is composed of the below listed units:
• General Secretary
• Registrar’s Office
• Personnel Office
• International Office
• Computer Center
• Purchasing Department
• Dormitories and Cafeterias
• Social, Cultural and Sport Activities
• Student Council
• Student Clubs
• Health Center
• Campus Affairs
• Cleaning Services Unit
The Senate is the highest academic organ of the University and it is chaired by the Rector. Other members of the Senate include Vice Rectors, Deans of Faculties, Directors of Institutes and Schools, Chairs of Academic Departments, elected Representatives of Faculty Members and Student Representatives.
Senate meets at least four times in an Academic Year, once at the beginning and at the end of each semester. The Senate carries out the following functions:
1. It discusses and proposes academic plans, programs, reports concerned with the University’s educational policies, research and publication activities. It submits its proposed decisions for the approval of the Board through the Rector;
2. It prepares regulations and By-laws concerning the University and proposes them to the Board of Trustees for the approval;
3. It sets standards and monitors the quality of educational programs and decides on the Academic Calendar,
and other functions.