Visa, Residence Permit and Travel Procedures
All flights and ferries to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) are connected through Turkey. And therefore all traveling to TRNC is over Turkey. There are frequent flights from major cities (Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Adana, Antalya) and it takes only 45 to 75 minutes. Ercan International Airport is located at the central position on the island and it takes only 30 minute drive to our University. Visitors can also commute to North Cyprus (Kyrenia and Famagusta Harbors) via ferries from Mersin and Antalya Harbors (in Turkey).Visa applications should be done either to TRNC Representative Office (http://www.trncinfo.com) or to Turkish Embassy / Consulate (http://www.mfa.gov.tr) in your country. The tuition fee stated on the acceptance letter has to be paid first before applying for the visa. A copy of the payment bank receipt should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office so that an acceptance letter to be issued and sent to the Turkish / TRNC Embassy.
Those who will apply for residence permit for the first time should provide the following documents:
• Student Certificate
• Original Health Report which includes blood tests and Lung X-Ray for newly registered students – 135 TL
• Original passport and photocopy of the relevant pages
• 1 recent passport size photograph
• Immigration Fee is 131 TL for 1 year
• 2 Brand Stamps are valued for 27 TL
• Evidence of place of residence
Please note that prices quoted above may change.