English Preparatory School
The English Preparatory program has been developed by the Foreign Languages and English Preparatory School (FLEPS) to build up the English language skills of Rauf Denktas University’s Students. The program includes intensive training in all four language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening). The program is divided to two sections. The first section covers the A1 and A2 levels and the second section covers the A2 to B1+ levels.
The program aims to prepare students to successfully fulfill their tasks in their respective programs. The program covers the A1 to B2 level range within a period of approximately 32 weeks (about 640 contact hours) including testing, evaluation and feedback. The program helps students become more fluent and able to speak spontaneously with English speakers. Students will be able to confidently express themselves in English upon completing the program.
Upon completing the English Preparatory Program, the students will be able to:
1. Fluently express themselves in oral academic discussions.
2. Write well structured essays for general and academic purposes
3. Use English grammar properly in writing and speaking.
4. Infer meaning based on the information presented to them in a particular context.
5. Explain ideas and problems in details.
6. Take notes of key points during lectures, conferences, etc.
7. Understand and explain what they hear in a long conversation.
In a rapidly globalizing world, fluency in English, as the most widely spoken language in the world, prepares students for their future career. Individuals who have mastered the English language often have a better chance to find positions in international institutions and multinational corporations. The English Preparatory program at Rauf Denktas University helps students reach a level of fluency that makes them eligible for such positions as well as participate in any English medium academic program.